DIAMOND EVO+Thor 303 Paratrike
DIAMOND EVO +THOR 303
The DIAMOND EVO THOR 303 features some important updates & improvements which makes the new model a versatile and highly functional Paratrike. Now with some more power in the new Thor303 engine (38 hp) which replaces the popular Thor250.
A solid choice to start flying in tandem for light-medium pilot/passenger weights, and also a good option for heavy pilots in single seat use.
Respect the upgrades in the new EVO version, the DIAMOND meets some qualities which are similar and even advantageous respect any other Airfer models of similar use till now, such as the RAPTOR, Super RAPTOR, and Mustang LIGHT; that is why our new DIAMOND EVO is replacing every one of these mentioned models from now on.
Among the MAIN CHARACTERISTICS in the NEW DIAMOND EVO, we mention the following:
- the propeller protection ring can be DISMOUNTED WITH NO TOOLS, also its upper bars
- it is FOLDING: the upper bars can be quick and easily dismounted by removing a Push Pins, for the central cage (&engine) to be folded forwards (on the harnesses), taking up far less room to transport it (see some photos below)
- the DIAMOND EVO is a little BIGGER: the prop ring is 1700 mm diameter, and the propeller is 150 cm, reaching some more power in the new prop diameter configuration in the Thor 250 engine.
- the area where pilot and passenger are sitted is more spacious respect the previous Diamond, providing more COMFORT
- DESIGN: lthe upper bars (where the harnesses are hanged) are rounded shaped now, as in the Raptor model, as well as some other details and finish improvements in the new Diamond EVO.
- IMPORTANT: the base axle in the Diamond Evo counts on 2 tubes (instead of only 1 tube as Raptor used to have), which makes the Diamond frame more resistant to bigger load, and stronger against some impacts when landing, etc.
On its side the Polini THOR 303 (281cc) is a high performance engine wich counts on liquid refrigeration, thanks to its notable-sized radiator, and its water pump this engine never gets too warm, so that it can provide full power during the time you need it with no problem of overheating, and a longer engine life as a result, even with intensive use. Polini has completely redesigned cylinder, crankshaft, carburetor, air box, CDI and exhaust system to grant better performance and flight safety.
The performance of the Thor 303 positively surprises everyone who has tested it: easy starting, linear power delivery, very low vibration (due to the counter-rotating shaft in the crankshaft), low noise, and also very low consumption, though it is a motor of 281 cc.
We can definitively speak nowadays about the Polini THOR 303 as one of the best engines in its displacement segment for the Trikes and Paratrikes use. (See complete engine data in TECHNICAL DATA below)
HERE YOU CAN SEE A VIDEO OF the DIAMOND EVO FOLDING
- Maximum thrust with 2 blades carbon propeller 150 cm – 112 kg
- Total recommended weight (Pilot & Passenger) – 90 to 190 kg