DIAMOND EVO+Cosmos 300 Paratrike
DIAMOND EVO +COSMOS 300
The DIAMOND EVO COSMOS300 features some important updates & improvements which makes the new model a versatile and highly functional Paratrike. Now with some more power, thanks to the new Vittorazi engine, COSMOS300, 36hp.
A solid choice to start flying in tandem for light-medium pilot/passenger weights, and also a good option for heavy pilots in single seat use.
Respect the upgrades in the new EVO version, the DIAMOND meets some qualities which are similar and even advantageous respect any other Airfer models of similar use till now, such as the RAPTOR, Super RAPTOR, and Mustang LIGHT; that is why our new DIAMOND EVO is replacing every one of these mentioned models from now on.
Among the MAIN CHARACTERISTICS in the NEW DIAMOND EVO, we mention the following:
– the propeller protection ring can be dismounted without tools, also its upper bars
– it is FOLDING: the upper bars can be quick and easily dismounted by removing a Push Pins, for the central cage (&engine) to be folded forwards (on the harnesses), taking up far less room to transport it (see some photos below)
– is a little BIGGER: the prop ring is 1700 mm diameter, and the propeller is 150 cm, reaching some more power in the new prop diameter configuration.
– the area where pilot and passenger are sitted is more spacious respect the previous Diamond, providing more COMFORT
– DESIGN: lthe upper bars (where the harnesses are hanged) are rounded shaped now, as in the Raptor model, as well as some other details and finish improvements in the new Diamond EVO.
– IMPORTANT: the base axle in the Diamond Evo counts on 2 tubes (instead of only 1 tube as Raptor used to have), which makes the Diamond frame more resistant to bigger load, and stronger against some impacts when landing, etc.
Respect of the COSMOS300, with 293,9 cc displacement, it was conceived and designed to achieve the perfect balance between performance, safety and comfort. Flying with the Cosmos 300 is very comfortable. The power is always optimal, thanks to the liquid cooling system which control and maintain the adequate temperature in different environmental conditions. Even the straight-toothed gear transmission with Skiving surface finish contributes to greater power thanks to low friction levels and perfect smoothness.
The countershaft reduces the vibrations and the stress of the components from a mechanical point of view, increasing the reliability of the entire aircraft; on the other side the clutch contributes to superior comfort and maximum safety during ground operations when the engine is idling. The Cosmos 300 is equipped with the Twin Spark technology and with the VDO sensor which monitors the cylinder head temperature and is designed for the EGT (exhaust gas temperature) sensor; two devices that ensure its maximum reliability. One of the best engines in its segment for the Trike & Paratrike use.
- Maximum thrust with 2 blades carbon propeller 150 cm – 112 kg
- Total recommended weight (Pilot & Passenger) – 90 to 190 kg